Provision of quality education at LUAWMS to make it at par with the international academic universities/organizations.
Enhancing quality of academic programs through various assessment procedures and adopting recent trends in teaching
and research to the satisfaction level of all stakeholders.
Objectives of QEC
The objective of QEC is to enhance the quality of education imparted, knowledge & skills transferred to the graduating and post graduating students from the
institution. The QEC is to develop capacity building of the faculty and staff members, and to improve the progress for enhancement of the quality of education.
The main objectives of QEC can be summarized as:
✅ To improve the quality of education imparted,
knowledge & skills transferred to the passing out students.
✅ To produce all the reports required to Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of HEC time to time.
✅ To develop the data base of students, Faculty Members, facilities and services available in the institution.
✅ Providing systems for an efficient and effective utilization of the academic and research resources of the university.
✅ To play proactive role for organizing the workshops, seminars and training events that are designed for capacity building
and skill development of teachers and students.
✅ To learn from others 'experience and get adapted best practices of others.
✅ Analysis of data and formulation of recommendation in consultation with concerned Head/ Chairperson/ Incharge of department.
✅ To present the real picture of institution before the rector and management instead of presenting a rosy picture before them.
✅ To conduct the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) exercise and analysis periodically to monitor the change and output of decision made. To search the learning opportunities for Faculty members and display on all notice Boards of the institution.
✅ To form the Alumni of the Graduates of the institution to provide the joint forum of communication among themselves and inter university.
✅ To develop the liaison with print media personnel for the proper dissemination of information.
✅ To build the close communication & linkage with other universities for the sake sharing the good practices and learning from each other’s' experiences.
✅ In simple words "To Enhance the honor & value of Degree awarded by the institution" at national and International Market.
To formulate policy and develop practical guidelines of quality enhancement related to the higher degree programs running at Federal Urdu University of
Arts, Science and Technology.
To develop a program of activities to institutionalize the quality culture in higher education at Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and technology,
Karachi Campus and to commitment to continuous quality improvement
To develop and implement initiatives to build and strengthen the capacity for provision of high quality education in learning programs at
institutional and individual levels
To monitor and regulate the quality and implementation of all desired measures and policies to improve the standard of higher education in Federal
Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology.
To measure the expected outcomes/ performance of individual faculty member through internationally evaluated and standard tested procedures
after having provided the requisite teaching, research infrastructure and facilities.
To measure the performance of each Academic Department/ Institute/ Center through annual reviews based on the standard parameters
set for this purpose
To regularly assess and review the Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and technology in order to assure the quality of the teaching staff and the
teaching and training provisions provided to the students as per the requirement of HEC, PCP, NCHP and PBC
The major responsibilities of this directorate are.
1. QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
2. QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards by auditing academic standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
3. QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliation with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
4. QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect form candidates.
5. QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e., Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Masters, M.Phil. and Doctoral.
6. QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
7. QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
8. QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
9. QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
> Approval of a new program
> Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
> Departmental review
> Student feedback
> Employer feedback
> Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
> Subject review
> Institutional audit
> Qualification framework
Following plan has been chalked out for implementation of QA at FUUAST.
Creating awareness and ethos at FUUAST about QA in education through :-
> Participation in meetings of Quality Circles/ Seminars/
> Arrangement of training sessions for PTs /AT
> Availability of QA information on FUUAST website
> Study of Best Practices in QA in Education and dissemination to all stake holders
> QA policy formulation to be followed at FUUAST under the
guidelines provided by HEC
> Development of QA Tools (Mostly available in HEC guidelines)
> Assuring Quality of Faculty Induction
> QA – Self Assessment by HoDs
> QA Capacity building through staff training and skill development
> Monitoring and control of all QA activities
> Submission of progress report to VC/ top management of FUUAST
> Continuous Monitoring and Evaluation of QA processes Submission of Self Assessment Report (SAR) to HEC
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has established a Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) with the objective of significant enhancement of quality in higher leanings and international compatibility. The HEC intends to play its part in spearheading the building of a knowledge based economy in Pakistan. For this purpose, Quality Enhancement Cells are being setup at all the public and non-public universities in a phased manner. Accordingly, a QEC has been setup at FUUAST to achieve higher standards of education. A framework for this purpose has been developed in line with the international standards by HEC for measuring the outcomes of all the programs that are being run in an institution. The institutional level quality assurance processes are required to develop an ultimate Quality Culture with the goal that quality is central focus of the institution at all levels and is integral part of all academic practices. It involves all aspects and tiers of academic research and scholarship including students, faculty, staff, governance, management, infrastructure, facilities, funding etc.
Institutional level Quality Assurance System defines that Quality assurance is primarily a responsibility of the higher educational institutions. Creating enabling learning environment for the students is the core of mission and goals achievable through all academic activities planned and conducted by them.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) has developed methods for assessing the quality of academic programs through self assessment. It is a systematic process of gathering, reviewing and using important quantitative and qualitative data and information from multiple and diverse sources about educational programs, for the purpose of improving student learning, and evaluating whether academic and learning standards are being met. The process culminates when assessment results are used to improve student learning. The objectives of self-assessment are to:
1. Maintain and continuously enhance academic standards
2. Enhance students’ learning
3. Verify that the existing programs meet their objectives and institutional goals
4. Provide feedback for quality assurance of academic programs
5. Prepare the academic program for review by discipline councils
You Are not Authorized to See Survey
Please! Log-in First to see available Survey